View Single Post
      02-04-2024, 05:38 PM   #1
2013M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Jerez Black, 13 x5

Garage List
Infotainment - sucks

Been driving a 2013 M3 and X5 for a while now and the infotainment ins’t very good compared to other cars same age and newer cars. But I expected that for a few generation back.

Got a 2020 x50i X7 and was hoping things would have gotten better over these years. But it still sucks compared to my 2018 Tesla Model 3 that cost way less than the X7.

Maybe I’m not doing things right so here goes:
1) I can’t enter address while driving. It says I have to be parked? While driving I can only use the dial? the dial is nice but sooo figgin slow especially if you make a mistake.
Also, there were some addresses that it didn’t recognized and it simply showed nothing. Not even the general area of address entered.
On my 2018 Tesla, I can type any destination or address and it shows up and I just select while driving. Why didn’t BMW do this? Do the newer models have better interface?
The 2018 Tesla is like a google search engine. You can type locations or destinations and within a split second give you a bunch of choice without having to enter the entire address.
I realize carplay is an option but it doesn’t project on HUD. I think the apple map does? but google map way better.

2) the voice command sucks!! I tried it many times and it doesn’t get most of what I say. Is there a trick to this?
Tesla does kinda suck in this area, but not as bad.

3) map updates. On my Tesla the maps are auto updated. I think I pay like $10 a month for that and other features. Does BMW have something similar? or do I have to buy some update? on the 2013 Bimmers we have, usually just use phone (they do not have carplay).

Anyway, just comments, not expecting BMW is listening to this post. But anyone have thoughs?

Are the 2023 and newer BMWs any better? Did BMW just give up and say, ‘heck, just use your smart phone and plug into car play’?

Name:  IMG_7582.jpeg
Views: 384
Size:  73.0 KB
Appreciate 0