View Single Post
      02-05-2024, 09:30 AM   #8
Ritu_o0o
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013M3 View Post
Been driving a 2013 M3 and X5 for a while now and the infotainment ins’t very good compared to other cars same age and newer cars. But I expected that for a few generation back.

Got a 2020 x50i X7 and was hoping things would have gotten better over these years. But it still sucks compared to my 2018 Tesla Model 3 that cost way less than the X7.

Maybe I’m not doing things right so here goes:
1) I can’t enter address while driving. It says I have to be parked? While driving I can only use the dial? the dial is nice but sooo figgin slow especially if you make a mistake.
Also, there were some addresses that it didn’t recognized and it simply showed nothing. Not even the general area of address entered.
On my 2018 Tesla, I can type any destination or address and it shows up and I just select while driving. Why didn’t BMW do this? Do the newer models have better interface?
The 2018 Tesla is like a google search engine. You can type locations or destinations and within a split second give you a bunch of choice without having to enter the entire address.
I realize carplay is an option but it doesn’t project on HUD. I think the apple map does? but google map way better.

2) the voice command sucks!! I tried it many times and it doesn’t get most of what I say. Is there a trick to this?
Tesla does kinda suck in this area, but not as bad.

3) map updates. On my Tesla the maps are auto updated. I think I pay like $10 a month for that and other features. Does BMW have something similar? or do I have to buy some update? on the 2013 Bimmers we have, usually just use phone [...]
You can use your BMW app on your smartphone to send your destination address while driving!!
Appreciate 0