View Single Post
      05-01-2024, 10:06 PM   #14
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sat Pat View Post
So quick update, I went for a drive with the service technician today. Unsurprisingly, he said that both the wind noise and the tire noise are normal. I guess I’ll just have to adjust my expectations accordingly or will get used to it over time. I’m mildly disappointed as I was expecting a quieter ride with the acoustic glass and all. He did say that because the car is otherwise so quiet, there is nothing to mask the road and wind noise, which is a fair explanation
Welcome to the new X7s reality. This has been an on-going issue in my view since 2022. I had to sell my X7 for this same reason, cause BMW kept telling me it's normal (within spec's). Well guess what, I had two BMW SUVs from the 2019-2021 and 2 sedans before that one and non of them had that issue, and I had dozens of loaners from that era and non of them had that issue either. meanwhile every new car and every loaner I test drove had this issue when compared to my very well tuned and experienced ear to how the same car was from a noise prospective. I am certain they changed their noise insulation dampening material supplier and/or the doors rubber/seal supplier too post COVID.

Even if you drive the new 7-series, you will notice excessive noise and wind noise as compared to previous gen. Most people who are upgrading to the X7 from any other car would tell u, oh no mine is perfect... well, not if you are coming from another X7 when BMW used ot build them up to the real standards in 2019-2021. I continue to believe something isn't the same anymore and I just have to accept that reality and moved on as I want to continue enjoying the newer BMW cars.. but it sucks and am not like others who prefer to convince themselves that nothing is wrong. No, there is something wrong and these cars have become more noisy than in the past and it's the same for every single loaner and every single BMW I had post 2022 model year. They ruined the design and ruined the built quality. I really can't wait for the next generation.
Appreciate 2
Kalvis10.50
Sat Pat31.50