04-26-2024, 02:46 PM   #3
77SU
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 40i; 2022 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam330i View Post
Hellooo - I think I can help! I'll also include a few pictures down below

A. All Apps --> Displays --> Instrument Cluster --> Guidance --> Augmented View --> Change it to control display
OR
B. Navigation --> Menu on the right --> Settings (or guidance) --> Augmented View --> Control Display

Assuming this is done right, the Augmented View will come up on the control display when:
1. A navigation is active
2. The control display is on navi and NOT on the "home" menu
- You have to wait for the left and right menus to disappear on their own (within a few seconds) and then the Augmented view should pop up
3. You are close to making a turn or are near your destination
- This is similar to the map zooming in and zooming out on its own
4. The instrument cluster cannot be on Augmented View - I think map view is fine

If you have Augmented View (AR) selected on the instrument cluster
- it will not appear on the control display
- It is NOT dependent on navigation and you can see the Augmented View as long as you want
- AR works really well with Driver Assistance Professional and it'll show you which car you are targeting and the lanes that the car is keeping you in
- AR can work with navigation and Driver Assistance Professional simultaneously

In my experience the AR view has a mind of its own when selected to appear on the control display lol

Others may have another trick to keep the AR on the control display, but as mentioned above, the AR tends to come on the control display for me when the conditions mentioned above ^ are met

That said, let me (us) know if you have any additional questions!

Cameron
I set up the AR using your method B. The AR only appears on the control display when I'm within 0.25 mile of the turn. (I was going to also say lane change, but I can't swear that actually happens.) At all other times the map is displayed over the entire control display.

As an aside, I found using AR on the instrument cluster is advantageous when driving on dark, country two-lane roads at night. It seems to provide an additional view of the sides of those backwoods roads for potential deer that may be ready to cross the road.
Appreciate 1
Cam330i183.00