Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7-M

Garage List
2020 BMW X7 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsen203 View Post
I would soon rather invest in a rainy day fund or try one of the other insurers such as Endurance. I plan to drive this until 75k or so which means I’m only out of warranty for a short bit. I’ll pay up front to have differential and transfer case fluids replaced early as those seem to be the big ticket items that fail most consistently before the 100k window.

Until then, we will see what happens! ��
I've been considering purchasing a third-party warranty, including Endurance. However, I've found that many of these companies have a poor reputation on the BBB, with numerous negative claims filed against them for declining legitimate repair claims. Their list of uncovered parts can be vague and misleading to us peasants, but carefully crafted to remain legal. Ultimately, they are in business to make money, so they often resist paying out claims.

My X7 has been in the shop three times just last month. While the service has been great, it's not sustainable in the long run. Dealing with a third-party warranty would be quite a hassle—having to take the vehicle in for repairs, paying for a rental while the car is in the shop, and then waiting for an adjuster to evaluate whether their company will cover the repair costs. I don't want to deal with that hassle. I think I'll get rid of it.
Appreciate 0