Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7-M

Garage List
2020 BMW X7 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
I’m not sure about European BMW warranty and usual lease-length and coverage. With about ~56k miles on the vehicle an extended warranty or BMW ultimate care coverage should protect you though from having to pay for it yourself. Also, the t-case so far has been the only “bad” mechanical issue for pre-LCI X7s that I’ve observed here on the forum over the last 4 years. I think the vehicle is generally highly reliable, mechanically, and you should be good until 100k miles (160k KM). If your tires are the same size/spec as OEM, whether or not you have a “BMW star” (a concept that doesn’t exist in the US) shouldn’t matter to the transfer case situation - that would only be the case if your tires are a different size than the OEM spec 22” tires.

Also kudos to your dealer for sparing you the t-case oil change and skipping straight to the replacement. This is usually the path to resolution, as for most people the t-case oil change is just a temporary fix.
The reason I'm commenting here is because I've encountered the same issue with my car, which hasn't been resolved by the dealership simply because they cannot replicate the issue. I feel a front tire skip (on clear pavement) occasionally when turning at a 45-90 degree angle at stop signs, (I have new Pirelli tires). Additionally, there's a metal humming noise coming from the back of the car with increasing tensity each week, and when driving on the highway, I feel a slight grinding feedback on the pedal and floor when under slight load (it used to be smooth as butter).

When the car's warranty expires and my transfer case shatters on the highway into pieces, will BMW cover the repair cost, or will they simply say, "Bro... that sucks... do you wanna pay with cash or card?"
Appreciate 0