View Single Post
      07-23-2020, 10:46 PM   #15
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
That sounds like a great program. Who is that through?
The extended warranty is through FESC. They don't have the greatest reviews online but I figure since the dealer has to deal with them and not me, it was worth the risk.

I asked about the BMW factory extended warranty and it was around $6k for the same 7yr/75k coverage. Although it had $0 deductible.

I was a bit hesitant to go for the 3rd party but the dealer threw in their lifetime oil change (which they were initially selling as a separate line item for $650) so I figure 2 oil changes a year is a couple hundred a year, Since I planned to keep this car 10+ years, that will be a nice little bonus, so I signed up for the Extended warranty and the free oil change.

I don't expect much to break down (knock on wood) based on past experience, so I figure the extended warranty is just there in case something major fails.

My wife's X3 is 5 years old and the only thing we had to get done was a rubber window seal when it was new (came out of the factory with defective seal), and a driver seat cover at year 3.

My previous E46 328i was very reliable in the 175k miles I put on it. Basically just regular maintenance and wear and tear parts (brakes, tires, some bushings and couple of hoses).
Appreciate 0