View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
Russamur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X7 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslugs View Post
Hello, I have a new 2021 X7 and have posted about it before, but I'm wondering if anyone else has these issues. Last week I posted about how after the update, I lost all my apps and services. I problem solved with the genius and they couldn't help, then had to drive to the dealer.

They had to do a complete module reset on the head unit and then update apps and services in iDrive after that. It worked for a week. Today I went to the gym and then after coming home, my connected apps were gone on the phone. I went into the car and updated apps and services as recommended and everything is gone again. No apple play, no apps and services on the 'installed apps' screen. I've tried resetting iDrive and again updating apps and services to no avail. Thoughts on this? What is the potential issue? I've reached out to the dealer but haven't heard back. TIA

Jeff

Got it fixed BMW connect was able to do something on their end? But all good again
Happens to me (happened twice in 6 months of ownership). Once was fixed through a hard reset and upgrade (don't remember the procedure, but was on the phone with genius and took about 30 minutes). Second time was fixed by holding volume button for 30 seconds and that reset everything and got it working.
Appreciate 0