View Single Post
      10-10-2022, 02:03 PM   #90
mitch65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysal View Post
Hey there! This is my first post so be gentle! I have scoured the forum here already but can't seem to find enough info. I am getting a new 2023 X7 40i in a few weeks and had a questions about Tire Warrantee pricing and if anyone had any good recommendations. Im in MA. The dealer wants $3800 plus for their 5 year warrantee which seems way out of wack and is a hard pass. My previous cars have all been in the $1800 to $2600 range.

1) Can I only buy the BMW tire & wheel package at the time of purchase?
2) Any other recommendations on fair market pricing?
3) Or can you recommend another dealer, if it's an option, who has more seasonable pricing?

Thanks all in advance.
I usually stay away from the Tire & Wheel protection but for my wife with 22 Inch wheels I had to have it, here is why:

- My wife always goes over potholes and speed bumps hard. The 2023 X7 22 Inch wheels cost over $1000 each and the tires are expensive as well

- With the BMW branded Tire & Wheel plan my dealer will replace the tires rather than try to plug or patch them. Some dealers try to sell you a cheaper plan not from BMW, that will insist on a repair instead of replacement if possible.

With the Platinum & Cosmetic options, the BMW Tire & Wheel Protection covers 8 cosmetic repairs. On her last car we used 7 of them from her "Curb Scraping" the wheels. It also includes lost key replacement, paintless dent removal and windshield repairs

-With the BMW Plan, if you need a tire or wheel and it is on backorder, my dealer will give us a loaner to drive until the tire is available.

The cost of these plans has gone up quite a bit in the last few years and the price is very negotiable. Keep telling the finance person the price is too high and watch them lower it by the minute. You must buy the BMW plan at delivery. It can't be purchased afterwards.
Appreciate 0