View Single Post
      04-06-2024, 10:53 AM   #4
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkochat View Post
Since I love this forum with so many experts to provide suggestions, thought of asking a situation I am facing with my 2023 X7 M60i with Advanced Driving Option and factory installed hitch assembly. I have a hitch cover with an LED. It came with a 3-pin adapter. When I connect the adapter to the hitch receiver power socket, i-Drive8 pop up a screen to choose whether I have a trailer or rear carrier attached to the back. There is no option for hitch cover with light. Either on both the options on the screen, the i-Drive8 restrict the rear sensor detection and take off the Advance Driving Options and maximum speed to 75 MPH. The turn signal also gives a malfunction message. That could be due to the resistance difference with the LED and the turn signal LEDs. I could disconnect those two wires to isolate the hitch cover LED to turn on only with tail lamps. However still I loose the Advanced Driving Option. Otherwise anything power source connected to the hitch receiver power socket disable Advanced Driving Option. Any thoughts to get around it?
bumping this thread. Mind sharing where did you get that hitch cover?
Appreciate 0