View Single Post
      03-24-2023, 03:14 PM   #67
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by das2050 View Post
On the larger thread discussing the differences (have been following for a while), it seems that highway assist will come in April, but the full hardware update is likely delayed until post-July 1 builds. This could be the difference between getting the updated operating system (8.5) - if I understand correctly. I am currently waiting for an allocation - should be in the next month or two. And as excited as I am to finally get one (put down a deposit in December), I feel like delaying a month or two could better future-proof my build. But I may also have misunderstood.
The 8.5 os and feature differences are not known at this time. You can say about every 6 months something is going to change and be upgraded. BMW is constantly releasing new hardware to provide more features. Every BMW I have had in the past has had this cycle.

The April release was worth waiting for as it was a major service pack catchup. Not sure what 8.5 will provide. BMW just announced a new HUD coming out soon.

My advice is order now if you want a car now. If you really don't need a car now wait until more is known about 8.5.

Last edited by TechCTU; 03-24-2023 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0