Thread: x7 ride quality
View Single Post
      04-21-2024, 06:36 PM   #23
coastal2
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
I see a lot of posts saying 2020 is the best year and 2021+ suffer from lower quality, etc. Is this really significant? I’m looking for another X7 now and was going to try to find a 2022, 2021 at the oldest. Mainly so I’ll have at least a year of warranty left to go with the CPO. Forget the options deletions, for the purpose of this question. Would you guys say the differences are enough to buy a 2020 over a 2021-2022, assuming the mileage is the same, even if you have to then fool with finding a third party warranty? Shopping for an M50.
You really need to test drive because it’s all about feel. Personally I am legitimately worried when my 2020 dies I’ll have to look for another brand because I’m so unhappy with everything they’ve done the past few years. If they don’t start beefing up the “weight” of the body of the car (think how solid the doors feel when you open and close them), give back physical buttons, and go back to allowing us to code things like what mode to start the car in again… those are dealbreakers to me.

Also there’s a salesman that frequents this forum named GOLFERR or something who sells warranties and service plans and stuff and I hear good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsen203 View Post
I can’t recall if it was 2020 or 2021. I half wonder if the piped in engine noise was turned up or there was an exhaust leak or something. It was quiet at cruising speed but under throttle, the bass of the motor intruded heavily and under throttle you could barely keep conversation as it was very intrusive. The 40i had similar pep to 30-40mph but then the the V8 shined through until I let go where as the 40i acceleration rate started to slow down heavily at about 85mph.
That absolutely sounds like the stupid fake engine noise. The default is adaptive based on driving mode and if you’re in sport it gets painfully loud.
Appreciate 0