rjabend
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEagle1 View Post
Just to update the forum on my experience with the OTA update. I can't confirm these circumstances are all update related but occurred immediately afterwards. I received notice on my BMW app on my phone Thursday. I downloaded to phone and XB7 instructed I must drive to install. I took a very leisurely drive around the neighborhood about 25 minutes. Install complete.

Next notification map/assistant update Friday morning at 5:00 am. On drive to work BMW assistant talks to me about bad traffic on my normal route, offers alternatives-never had this interaction before. As far as the welcome lights, I would describe it looking like a smiling Tiger face. As I approach the X7 in morning the face appears for approximately 20 seconds and then disappears once I am in vehicle. Predominately bright orange colors with white and grey accent. I have not set anything up in lighting settings nor have I looked.

Apple Car Play clean hook up and Amazon Alexa/Music all functioning well.

Hope this helps others in some fashion.
I took the drive-around option also but if I remember correctly when you download to your phone it is quicker and you don't have to drive around because you can upload to the vehicle directly from your phone. I would appreciate it if someone could correct me if my recollection is wrong.
Appreciate 0