BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum XM Integrated Brake Recall (Current Status)

05-02-2024, 01:14 PM   #1
effayyess
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW XM

XM Integrated Brake Recall (Current Status)

Hi All.

Just signed up to Bimmerpost and have been reading up as much as I can whilst I await delivery of my new XM in the UK.

Unfortunately, it is caught up in the integrated brake recall and has a stop placed on its sale/registration. From my understanding, the vehicle is currently at the BMW VPS but cannot be delivered until the fix has been implemented.

BMW franchised dealer has no idea how long this is going to take - and even said it could be as much as 6 months!

Anyone have any insights into likely timescales? Anyone in the same boat who might have any more information on where BMW are in the process of getting this sorted? Seriously surprised this has already been going on for so long and BMW haven't come up with a remedy with so many cars literally 'stuck'....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 04:57 PM   #2
NickP X7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

It's a strange one.

I've just ordered a new XM (due Sept/Oct) and all newly built cars are unaffected by this stop sale, but any stock cars can't be sold.

The odd bit is I'm currently in a 2023 X7 and I've had the recall letters about this saying that I will need to bring it for replacement parts once they are available and I will be contacted, but I gather this could be several months (I'll probably have the XM before that happens). The letter goes on to say that the issue causing the recall is very rare and that my X7 is safe for me to continue driving it, and tells me what to do if the failure happens.

If it's safe for me to continue driving it, why is it not safe for them to release your car to you while they await the parts....

Out of interest what colour combination did you go for? I'm having colour decision issues for my order..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 12:33 PM   #3
effayyess
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP X7 View Post
It's a strange one.

I've just ordered a new XM (due Sept/Oct) and all newly built cars are unaffected by this stop sale, but any stock cars can't be sold.

The odd bit is I'm currently in a 2023 X7 and I've had the recall letters about this saying that I will need to bring it for replacement parts once they are available and I will be contacted, but I gather this could be several months (I'll probably have the XM before that happens). The letter goes on to say that the issue causing the recall is very rare and that my X7 is safe for me to continue driving it, and tells me what to do if the failure happens.

If it's safe for me to continue driving it, why is it not safe for them to release your car to you while they await the parts....

Out of interest what colour combination did you go for? I'm having colour decision issues for my order..
I have a black on the 23" gold alloys currently stuck at port. And then a white with 23" gunmetal alloys currently on a new order from today. I will get whichever one is ready for actual delivery first!

It's crazy that there are cars (not just XMs) stuck on recalls from Feb with no sign of when they will actually be delivered to customers...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 04:16 PM   #4
NickP X7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

It's an absolutely crazy situation for people awaiting their cars that are already at dealers.

Hopefully you don't have to wait on the new order to arrive. Have they given you an estimated arrival date for that one? Mine's looking like October, which is fine for me, I've only had my X7 18 months.

Currently I've got a white with the 22" alloys and red calipers on order, was thinking about going with the Marina Bay Blue but gut is telling me to stick with the white.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 04:18 PM   #5
nicosusername
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

My XM was stuck at the port for 4 months before I could take delivery (04/23-08/23). Best of luck to you guys. It was frustrating knowing that the car was just sitting there. Even more frustrating when I get a CEL about every other month for the same issue at this rate.
Appreciate 0