BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Those getting a CEL - what’s your current situation?

10-11-2023, 10:33 PM   #23
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
“There’s a chip for that.” Speaking of the race chip, when does it actually come out?
It’s been out for a few weeks now, I have one in mine, makes a massive difference…

BMS also has a JB4 for the XM
Appreciate 2
      10-11-2023, 10:34 PM   #24
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by padrino View Post
It’s been out for a few weeks now, I have one in mine, makes a massive difference…

BMS also has a JB4 for the XM
I need the XM first, and this week was a complete fail. I just want to be prepared!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      10-11-2023, 10:44 PM   #25
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
“There’s a chip for that.” Speaking of the race chip, when does it actually come out?
Already out through me. I've sold a few already.

Also have ER Downpipe, Eventuri Intake, MSS adjustable lowering spring, and just confirmed fitment on CSF Chargecooler.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2023, 10:45 PM   #26
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I’m wonder how long it will take me to get an XM from Spartanburg to Texas. I’m guessing 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      10-11-2023, 10:47 PM   #27
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m wonder how long it will take me to get an XM from Spartanburg to Texas. I’m guessing 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery?
If everything goes smoothly, should be around that time.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 10:49 PM   #28
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
If everything goes smoothly, should be around that time.
I’ll go see my regular dealer this weekend. I would’ve gone to them in the first place, but this other dealership already had one coming in that was spec’d out just the way I wanted minus the M Driver Package.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      10-12-2023, 10:47 AM   #29
nicosusername
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

Quote:
Maybe they flashed your XM base into a Label.
LOL I can only wish.

I am curious to hear how your car sounds with the downpipes! Looking forward to some clips
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      11-27-2023, 10:59 AM   #30
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Update:

After months driving mainly on ICE, on my Thanksgiving weekend, I drove it on Hybrid on my way to San Diego (2 hours away).
Halfway there, CEL popped up.
Unfortunately, I haven't got a chance to scan it to see whether it is for the coolant valve stuck open again or what.
If it is, my other suspicion is when battery is being used and depleted fairly quick, it heats up where coolant valve need to be open to cool down the battery and it stuck open.
Will update once I able to get it scanned and give me a reading on what's the CEL for.
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2023, 07:43 PM   #31
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:
Update:

After months driving mainly on ICE, on my Thanksgiving weekend, I drove it on Hybrid on my way to San Diego (2 hours away).
Unfortunately, I haven't got a chance to scan it to see whether it is for the coolant valve stuck open again or what.
If it is, my other suspicion is when battery is being used and depleted fairly quick, it heats up where coolant valve need to be open to cool down the battery and it stuck open.
Will update once I able to get it scanned and give me a reading on what's the CEL for.
Please keep us posted! Hope nothing serious. In the meantime I will make sure to continue driving in ICE mode = best mode😂
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2023, 07:52 PM   #32
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Update:

As part of that fix, there is a bulletin and update that runs them for extended periods of time to help prevent it from reoccurring.

Had mine done last week to correct my CEL
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2023, 08:15 PM   #33
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWXMBlack View Post
Please keep us posted! Hope nothing serious. In the meantime I will make sure to continue driving in ICE mode = best mode😂
We should not have to worry about this with our 2024 models. This fix should’ve already been applied before they left the factory. And I think you meant “beast” mode - and I agree!
Appreciate 2
XM Label937.50
r33_RGSport13059.00
      11-30-2023, 06:20 PM   #34
nicosusername
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

Quote:
Update:

Did you get a chance to scan? I'm sure it's just the valve again.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      11-30-2023, 08:37 PM   #35
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Did you get a chance to scan? I'm sure it's just the valve again.

Not yet. I just did an OTA update this morning, I haven't get into the car again.
I'll scan it tomorrow morning, about to leave office.

Update:
CEL is gone. Probably the update reset it.
Will scan with ISTA tomorrow.
Also, maybe it is placebo, but transmission feels to shift much better now.
It stays on lower gear better since my M1 setting is with Sport engine and D2 gear shift.
Throttle input is much smoother too from dead stop. Before it jumps when I press the gas pedal.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 04:00 PM   #36
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

So, I've scanned it yesterday. Error was cleared, no log on what was the CEL for.
One thing that I've noticed while driving at night, the Anti-Dazzle is now activated since I had removed the 5AP from the VO a while back when I tried to code the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 04:11 PM   #37
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So, I've scanned it yesterday. Error was cleared, no log on what was the CEL for.
One thing that I've noticed while driving at night, the Anti-Dazzle is now activated since I had removed the 5AP from the VO a while back when I tried to code the car.
Unfortunately our coding days are over with iDrive 8 and newer. Almost every module no longer stores their configuration files locally, so there’s no local files to edit. They have to be downloaded from BMW’s cloud infrastructure hosted in AWS, edited, uploaded, and then digitally signed. Until someone figures out a way to hack BMW, our coding days are done.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      12-03-2023, 09:10 PM   #38
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
Very cool. You did this with BimmerUtility? If so I’ll do that as well.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      12-03-2023, 09:54 PM   #39
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
Very cool. You did this with BimmerUtility? If so I’ll do that as well.
See my post right above yours. This may interrupt your future software updates and software updates will almost certainly overwrite anything that you have done Note that almost every single module is no longer available for coding. This includes modules like the head unit, body domain controller, etc. Be extremely careful with iDrive 8 and newer. I have extensive coding experience on BMWs going back for a decade, and they do notice whenever you make a change.

If you have used BimmerUtility or BimmerCode before, you’re going to be disappointed. This vehicle is not supported by other one. iDrive 8 and newer is a completely different animal. BMW has locked us out for good. Any changes you make that aren’t digitally signed by BMW’s clouded infrastructure, may not take or survive restarts or software updates. If you have a 2023 XM, the only module that might be accessible to you is the head unit to disable disclaimers and tiny little things like that. Anything useful like engine’start/stop is not accessible. Any 2024 with the updated head unit will lose this too.

There are extensive threads on the IX forum talking about this. We collaborated on this for months earlier this year. Coding days are over on any modern BMW. \\
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      12-03-2023, 09:59 PM   #40
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Yep, I know iDrive 8+ is very different from v 7 and earlier which was easy to code. I coded multiple vehicles with those versions. But VO coding and just removing 5AP is very different from the FDL coding we did back then.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      12-03-2023, 10:54 PM   #41
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

I did VO code a few X7 LCI owners prior getting my XM.
All I did just remove 5AP from the VO using E-Sys and once you get an update from dealer or OTA, it will automatically follow the new VO.
It won’t be as optimal as doing FDL coding, but better than nothing.
I tried to refresh my cars using ISTA right after, but didn’t let me. So the OTA update did it.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2023, 06:38 AM   #42
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I did VO code a few X7 LCI owners prior getting my XM.
All I did just remove 5AP from the VO using E-Sys and once you get an update from dealer or OTA, it will automatically follow the new VO.
It won’t be as optimal as doing FDL coding, but better than nothing.
I tried to refresh my cars using ISTA right after, but didn’t let me. So the OTA update did it.
Very interesting…. They’ll probably figure this out eventually, The US regulations regarding lighting is so old and adequated I wish they would finally update it so anti-dazzle would not be disabled on US vehicles!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00
      12-04-2023, 08:48 AM   #43
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Very interesting…. They’ll probably figure this out eventually, The US regulations regarding lighting is so old and adequated I wish they would finally update it so anti-dazzle would not be disabled on US vehicles!
Supposedly it is already approved by DOT, but somehow it still being decoded.
VO code doesn’t need access to the CAFD which BMW safe guard it very tightly.
VO = Vehicle Order stored in the car. Everytime the car getting new CAFD, it will follow the VO on what supposed to be turned on or off by default.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 09:11 AM   #44
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Supposedly it is already approved by DOT, but somehow it still being decoded.
VO code doesn’t need access to the CAFD which BMW safe guard it very tightly.
VO = Vehicle Order stored in the car. Everytime the car getting new CAFD, it will follow the VO on what supposed to be turned on or off by default.
Yeah, and now it makes complete sense how the OTA pushed your change. That’s awesome. All of the other modules are no longer accessible which sucks, but I’ve learned to live with it for the last year on my 2023 iX M60. Has that Tokenmaster guy ever resurfaced, or is he still off-the-grid? LOL

And by the way, my previous post was supposed to say “antiquated” and not “adequated.” Whoops.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13059.00