forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Tires / Wheels

02-06-2024, 08:04 PM   #1
GwE
Rep
Drives: X7, M550i, TRX

Tires / Wheels

Recently got this X7 - want to get black wheels and also new tires. Thinking about replacing some of the chrome accents with black also.
Any recommendations on tires & wheels? How is the ride of 22" wheels vs 21" wheels?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 09:28 PM   #2
DSTJ99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 40i - Tanzanite/Coffee

I have the 21’s on our M Sport and find them a touch softer than my friends with 22s but the air suspension is very compliant. Bigger issue with the 22’s is limited tire options in all seasons if that matters. Regardless these eat tires. I just had to replace my rears again at 44k miles after first set at 26k miles. At $580 a piece plus mounting i’ve already spent $3,700 on tires in first 4 years and I’ll need fronts by years end. And we don’t even drive that aggressively! Roads are crap in PA though.

Is that Tanzanite? We have Tanzanite but with the shadow line trim which is blacked out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 03:10 PM   #3
dcoopdeville
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

As long as you replace the rear with All Season tires, the 22inch wheels look and ride smooth. Maybe not as smooth as a 20 or 21 inch but air ride helps a lot. For the fronts on a staggered set, I find Geolander to be the quetest for front tires. Continentals All season for the rear.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 04:15 PM   #4
tinfoiltuna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

I’ve had the OE 21” all-seasons and now 22” HRE FF10 wheels with OE-sized staggered all seasons (DWS 6 plus) on my M60i. If you put a gun to my head I might say the 21” we’re softer but I honestly just can’t tell. The 315s on the rear look really aggressive, if you care about that in a family barge.

HRE FF10:

Appreciate 1
      02-07-2024, 11:29 PM   #5
BMWFanBoi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoiltuna View Post
I’ve had the OE 21” all-seasons and now 22” HRE FF10 wheels with OE-sized staggered all seasons (DWS 6 plus) on my M60i. If you put a gun to my head I might say the 21” we’re softer but I honestly just can’t tell. The 315s on the rear look really aggressive, if you care about that in a family barge.

HRE FF10:

Those HRE FF10’s look amazing!!! If you don’t mind me asking, how much per rim? I currently have the 22” M Double-spoke Bi-color. The wife liked the wheels, but I prefer all black especially with the color Marina Bay Blue!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 06:55 AM   #6
blutob2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwE View Post
Recently got this X7 - want to get black wheels and also new tires. Thinking about replacing some of the chrome accents with black also.
Any recommendations on tires & wheels? How is the ride of 22" wheels vs 21" wheels?
I have the OEM 21s and replaced the run flats with regular 21s and like them so far. They are the Bridgestone Alenza's. I also had my wheels powder coated black. I haven't done anything with the rest of the chrome but might get them wrapped soon. I did a chrome delete on a previous SUV and it ran me close to $1000. I think replacing them would be very pricey, other than the grill which can be bought off Amazon for fairly cheap. I don't think you could do anything with the roof rails other than wrapping them. Also in my option, it's either all or nothing, I wouldn't do a partial chrome delete.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 07:15 AM   #7
tinfoiltuna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFanBoi View Post
Those HRE FF10’s look amazing!!! If you don’t mind me asking, how much per rim? I currently have the 22” M Double-spoke Bi-color. The wife liked the wheels, but I prefer all black especially with the color Marina Bay Blue!
Don't mind at all - I used Vibe Motorsports and corresponded with Tom pretty heavily (they advertise in these forums all the time). Had them price match another site for $540/wheel, which included shipping.
Appreciate 3
      02-11-2024, 05:02 PM   #8
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Don't mind at all - I used Vibe Motorsports and corresponded with Tom pretty heavily (they advertise in these forums all the time). Had them price match another site for $540/wheel, which included shipping.
Have a set of Savinis with my winter tires that were discontinued, one of them was bent in a pothole, called at least 5 online tire dealers and none could find one to replace it, saw Tom from VIBE Motorsports posting here, he secured one magically for me, excellent response time and follow up, highly recommend. Will be buying rims from them in the future.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 09:23 PM   #9
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutob2 View Post
I have the OEM 21s and replaced the run flats with regular 21s and like them so far. They are the Bridgestone Alenza's. I also had my wheels powder coated black. I haven't done anything with the rest of the chrome but might get them wrapped soon. I did a chrome delete on a previous SUV and it ran me close to $1000. I think replacing them would be very pricey, other than the grill which can be bought off Amazon for fairly cheap. I don't think you could do anything with the roof rails other than wrapping them. Also in my option, it's either all or nothing, I wouldn't do a partial chrome delete.
Similar boat for me, I have factory 21's that had RFT Bridgestone Alenza's at delivery. They were fine but I wanted more cushion and moved to Pirelli Scorpion Verde's (non-RFT). I'm very happy with the ride now.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 07:04 AM   #10
Rickz96
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i, 2008 535Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwE View Post
I’m running 275 40 22” - 315 35 22” staggered setup with PremiumContact6 for the summer and 255 55 20” WinterContact TS860 S for Winter. I really haven’t noticed a difference in ride quality but maybe that is due to them both being Continentals and being run flats.

I don’t have great pics, but here they are.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickz96; 02-12-2024 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: Added Pics
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 11:48 AM   #11
VIBE Motorsports
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F06 Gran Coupe & F10

Quote:
Wow!!! Those FF10's look so good with your X7's color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salfeet84 View Post
Have a set of Savinis with my winter tires that were discontinued, one of them was bent in a pothole, called at least 5 online tire dealers and none could find one to replace it, saw Tom from VIBE Motorsports posting here, he secured one magically for me, excellent response time and follow up, highly recommend. Will be buying rims from them in the future.

Thank you guys! It was a pleasure working with you!

- Tom
tom@vibemotorsports.com

bmw@vibemotorsports.com.
800-814-8423 Ext 107 Ask for Tom
https://www.vibemotorsports.com/wheels
Appreciate 0