BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Which website do you use?

09-25-2023, 04:13 PM   #1
Rupomk
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Which website do you use?

Hello, everyone; I noticed folks here discussing X7 with particular packages and features they look for in their search for X7.

I tried searching on the BMW CPO website with specific options I am looking for but to no avail.

I tried using Cars.com, auto trader, and car guru, but I had the same issue.

Which website do you use when searching for that unicorn 🦄 of an X7?

Thank you for your input.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 05:20 PM   #2
tommax
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 40i

I dont know of any website that lets you search for BMW-specific package names (like "Driving Assistance Package") other than BMW USA itself (https://www.bmwusa.com/certified-preowned-search.html). Everywhere else it is like "Loaded"/"Well-equipped"/etc)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 05:50 PM   #3
sharp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

https://bimmer.work/
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 05:52 PM   #4
sky-raptor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Edmunds App is also surprisingly really good as well to search for specific factory options
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 08:26 PM   #5
007 G07
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 M50i, '05 Odyssey EX-L

Garage List
As someone who did the near-impossible of finding a true unicorn-build MY2020 during peak COVID days, searching the national inventory 4-5 times every day for 1.5 years before finding one, I used a combination of Autotrader and CarFax.

I mainly used Autotrader, but I did start using CarFax along with it since for some reason some listings on CarFax don't get posted on other inventory search websites (no idea why it's Carfax out of all the websites, but it is - I have found this to be true on multiple occasions for multiple different cars).

The key, in my opinion, when searching using Autotrader and Carfax - and really any website - is to keep the use of filters to an absolute minimum. Instead, use the pictures and VIN decoders to acquire the information to see if it is the spec you want. Sometimes filters aren't very good filtering due to the vague or (sometimes) erroneous description and details provided by the listing.

Yes, it takes a lot more time, but it matters if you are looking for a true unicorn build spec X7 - trust me. Good luck with your search!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 06:09 AM   #6
kenethcox
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

When I'm hunting for that elusive X7 ride, I usually hit up websites like BMW CPO, Cars.com, AutoTrader, and CarGurus to scout for the perfect match. But if you're facing a dead end with those, maybe you should archive your search criteria and try checking enthusiast forums or even social media groups dedicated to BMWs; sometimes, the best deals hide in unexpected places! Thanks for the heads up, y'all! ��

Last edited by kenethcox; 05-10-2024 at 03:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 08:48 AM   #7
machareus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 F06 M6 CP, '21 Alpina XB7

I used Edmunds.com and Autotrader.com for finding listings. Between those two I think I was able to find all or nearly all listings of X7s when I was searching.

After that the only reliable way to confirm packages is with VIN decoding. I used mdecoder.com. It's a pain but is far more reliable than dealer descriptions.

I kept a spreadsheet of all the cars I was interested in and which packages they had. A spreadsheet also helps to track how long a vehicle has been on the dealer's lot, price drops over time, and when a listing that gets taken down was really just sold to another dealer at auction or moved to an affiliated dealership.

And once you go through all the inventory that's out there you can start to sort the listings by newest to quickly find new listings and add them to your list.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 10:29 AM   #8
Chio
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Cp, x7 M60

Carguru is what I used to find my unicorn.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 06:00 PM   #9
MADBMWX5MC
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

I have used: https://www.autotempest.com/

Many websites in one...
Appreciate 0