BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 24 x7 m60i exhaust upgrade

10-21-2023, 01:09 PM   #23
Wmoyx7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M60 Audi RS6

Performed the open exhaust valve little more involved with the wiring than I thought but not too bad. Need to remove the under tray to get access. Just 10mm bolts pretty simple. The exhaust note is definitely more pronounced and little drone in comfort and eco mode at light throttle. I will get a vid as well for sound
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Tyriondo134.50
      10-23-2023, 12:18 AM   #24
dd_666
Rep
Drives: macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethans68 View Post
There are a few options for aftermarket exhausts for the m60i GT Haus makes an exhaust system and midpipe for the car but I haven’t seen any good videos posted yet to hear it. Also RedStar Exhaust makes a set of primary and secondary downpipes for the m60i. I just recently found videos and it sounds amazing! Just like an f90

Here’s a link to the exhaust clips: https://youtube.com/shorts/Av7pWxo6i...NlNWgGPPupigsK

https://youtube.com/shorts/xPObJV6Hf...Al55K3EYbFIPZj

Here’s a link to the redstar downpipes://redstarexhaustusa.com/bmw-x5-x6-x7-m60i-downpipes

Here’s the link to GT haus exhaust: https://gthaus.com/product/bmw-g07-x...-n63m-v8-2023/
dang that sounds good but holy smokes those are expensive. The 200cel cats for my 991.2 was less than 2k shipped
Appreciate 1
Ethans68309.00
      10-24-2023, 07:55 AM   #25
Joatmon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoyx7 View Post
Performed the open exhaust valve little more involved with the wiring than I thought but not too bad. Need to remove the under tray to get access. Just 10mm bolts pretty simple. The exhaust note is definitely more pronounced and little drone in comfort and eco mode at light throttle. I will get a vid as well for sound
Did you notice if the higher RPM cold start seems to last longer than before the valve mod? May of just be me not remembering but if the ECM is trying to warm the cats it may take longer to reach idle RPM with the valves open. Reminds me of the old days when we had a carb with choke and the closed choke had to warm before opening and slowing the cold start RPM.

Last edited by Joatmon; 10-24-2023 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: add note
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 08:04 AM   #26
Wmoyx7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M60 Audi RS6

It’s about the same it was just so quiet before
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 06:21 PM   #27
Ryan.
Rep
Drives: x7 m60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoyx7 View Post
Hello,
I know many of you like me feel for a vehicle if this caliber to sound so tamed is disappointing. A few systems I see out there for crazy money and sounds do not justify the cost. Anyone do res delete at a shop or straight pipe the muffler? Has anyone actually done an exhaust upgrade and comment on it? Need some feedback
Do not delete resonator if your m60i has msport exhaust package . I did delete resonator today and the sound turn out suck I wish I didn’t do it
Appreciate 0