cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMan7
Thanks for all the comments. Great to see I'm not the only one with ride comfort issues. The comment on why buy a sports sedan and then complain about the ride comfort needs some reply. The issue is that BMW's as such are expensive vehicles. Meaning that this is my only CAR and I use it daily to work etc. and "expect" it to behave in a reasonable manner w.r.t. ride comfort. I know it is a sports sedan, but heck, I don't drive "sporty" everyday and those times that you need some comfort it lets you down. In other words the balance is gone between good performance and good ride comfort.
**** However, last night I deflated all 4 tires to 2,2 bar (220 kPa) and the ride comfort is much improved now.
Slightly lowered tire pressure will improve ~10% ride quality.
Just be ware that if you are loaded with passengers you will not speed over 180km/h or at risk.
We will see 'airmatic' / 'active suspension' be implemented to lower end models of MB and BMW cars hopefully soon.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0