Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
I'm just pissed that I still can't stream music through the the bluetooth using the iphone. I also don't like that the ipod out is only available using the cradle. I don't want to peel my phone out of an otterbox every time I plug it in.
I initially had a problem with bluetooth music streaming. After pairing the phone which was easy I realized that the default did not include pairing for music. To solve that problem there was a check box under bluetooth options for Music. The option for phone was the only one checked by default after pairing I had to manually select music. After that I was able to stream music over blue tooth.

Ultimately I stopped doing that because every time my phone was plugged into the 6FL cable it would break the bluetooth pairing for music. It appears that iDrive will only allow one connection type per device.

Ultimately I will breakdown and buy a snap-in adapter for my iPhone so I can take full advantage of all integration features. All I use is a Ghost Shield so no case hassles. I like living on the "iPhone 4s" edge.
Appreciate 0