View Single Post
      12-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #70
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3aficionado
If this article is real (I dont read Dutch) then both SpeedFreak and Tine were partially wrong. And I find it hard to believe that both would get similar wrong information.

One of the things they both agreed upon was a 325 being replaced by a detuned 330 to be named 328 and the 330 being replaced by the 335. This article doesn’t even mention a 328. Could it be this auto writer is just writing with incorrect/old rumored information?

Quite possible.

I have found every version of the story some where. It's amazing what's being spread around. This story actually states what I had reported many months ago... but has allegedly changed.

I have also stated that it's very likely that the Euro market would get the Turbo while the US market does not. This was not my original position, but is the latest information that I had been given.
Originally, the word was that we would get a Gap Filler between the 330 and the M3... the Turbo 335. A couple of months ago, that changed, and we were told that BMW would no longer bring the Turbo to the US. This is when I learned that we would get the 325Ci and 330Ci (E92) as an early MY07 in June of 2006. Later the coupe was to get the upgraded engines with 235/310hp and the 328/335 badges with the Sept'06 production of the sedan. The 325Ci and the 330Ci (E92) would be a short run to be replaced quickly by the 328/335. The Turbo had been postponed indefinitely. Within days of hearing this, I was told by other sources that the coupe would skip the 325/330 badge and go right into the 328/335 configuration.

Personally, I thought the time line was strange. It made more sense to me if the coupe debut was consistent with the current E90 as a 325Ci and a 330Ci... with a change happening in MY08. But as I have said exhaustively... allegedly... this is not to be the case.

I'm going to do some more digging over the next few days to see what I can find. We had been told, as I stated in a post awhile ago, that we could get official word as early as the end of Dec or the beginning of Jan. I doubt that we will see anything really solid (more then a claim of "concept") for the US market until March of '06.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Appreciate 0