01-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #87
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes011 View Post
to start, not a fan of the wheels just because i just feel they are a little ehhh, just nothing special. second that front lip looks bad from any angle other than straight on. then hmm lets see the spoiler is ok i guess but in general i think spoilers are kinda ugly. But the biggest thing i really think looks bad are those brake decals....come dude. lol. But mechanically I approve, except VRSF parts scare me because of the cheapness which makes me feel like its not quality or that it won't stay quality over time.

But yeah i've seen you at least 3 times, but i dont always drive mine and i dont live in greenwich i just go to wick (im sure you just formed an opinion of me bc you probably go to GHS)
Yea I agree with some of the things your saying. The caliper decals i'll probably change this summer to "BMW Performance" instead of ///M but i'm definitely not just going to leave them blank... Especially with black paint just leaving them blank looks pretty boring in my opinion. Also they're not exactly stock... They are "performance brakes" - Hawk HPS pads, SS lines, ATE super blue fluid, and slotted rotors. The spoilers I sort of agree but the car didn't look aggressive enough before and both have helped make it look a lot more aggressive. In terms of wheels I might switch eventually but for now I love the SF-71's. I got an amazing deal on them also. They're not as common as CSL reps which is good.

For parts i'll sort of agree but like the wheels and suspension I got those at amazing prices and have no regrets. So far they have been quality parts and if anything goes wrong they're backed by a lifetime warranty. Haha even though I usually don't like brunswick kids I try not to form an opinion unless I actually know them so no opinion formed yet. hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Can't agree more with this statement. Would never put that China stuff on my car, it's just much more worth it to spend more and get quality to begin with (Ex New, OEM, name brand stuff)

Cool build nonetheless. I don't know why I skipped this thread. Only thing I would have done differently is not have gotten that rep/crt/whatever spoiler on that back, it looks kind of cheap. That and the caliper stickers as well as the plastidipped parts need to go. Also, sell your used tracked coils and buy new V2's or 3's. Damper adjustment is important. Also, I would do something about the CF stickers/vinyl/sheet you put on the interior trim. Matte CF looks so fake.
Thanks, I do like feedback and especially when people give their honest opinion. The only plastidip part staying for now is the rear bumper until I can get msport. It looks much better plastidipped than it did before. The grilles are being swapped for OEM bmw performance grilles this weekend though. Although there are times when I don't like the spoiler on the back it definitely made it look much more aggressive which is what I wanted to accomplish so thats staying until I can afford a CSL trunk or something like that.

Caliper decals I talked about above but they're staying, just maybe going to swap out the ///m part of them. The coils are amazing and I definitely don't want to spend extra on v3's. There are no v2's for xi so it was either V1 or V3 and i'm extremely happy. Every single person i've taken for a ride has been amazed at how comfortable they are yet they handle perfectly. The last is the cf trim... I wasn't really going for a real cf look, just something more sporty than the wood and it definitely accomplished what I wanted. With the M3 wheel it looks perfect imo and the cf wrap is probably what I get the most compliments on when people come in my car.

Anyways thanks again guys keep the feedback coming even if its positive or negative, I like hearing both sides
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0