View Single Post
      08-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
momo3605
Major
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, 718 GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCperformance View Post
I have spoken to Scott (NJ rep) a few times about various upgrades planned for the F30... in terms of suspension, I asked him what they have planned to work with the M Adaptive suspension:

They are releasing "Shockware" and lower/stiffer springs (along with matching bump stops) similar to what they've done for the 5 series (Here's a thread with some happy 5 series owners). The target when I last spoke to him a few weeks ago was to have this released anytime within the next 1-4 months. Pricing on the shockware for the 5 series is about $800, and the springs/bump stops about $500)

When I asked him about the performance of the shockware/springs versus a full aftermarket damper/spring setup, he said that they REALLY like the stock M Adaptive dampers, and feel that by tuning them (i.e. making them firmer in each of the settings, and adding lower/firmer springs and new bump stops to allow for full travel) the result will be excellent.

This is definitely the plan for me, as I'd like to keep the stock adaptive shock functionality...and I also like the price a lot better than replacing dampers.

By the way, it couldn't hurt if others interested in this system gave a call (800.341.5480) to our friends in Morgan Hill to encourage them to get this released ASAP!!
Wow! That sounds like the best option for us with the M Adaptive suspension! I hope they release it soon!
Appreciate 0