View Single Post
      09-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #45
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
Any updates on when production will begin for US market? Are they going to start shipping to Dealerships?

Currently have a 2nd week of October production date - but still haven't been able to set up performance delivery in SC yet.

Also - are any BMW incentives applicable? (BMW loyalty, USAA, etc)?
My car entered production last Friday (9/13). I'd also like to do Performance Center Delivery but evidently the X5 hasn't completed federal certification and they can't even schedule any deliveries until the certification is done. My CA forwarded me this message from the Performance Center:

"Dear [My CA],

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for [My name]. Unfortunately, this production number [My Production Number] is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are all holds have been removed. The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Monroney/EPA and Release holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Please be aware, BMW Manufacturing will not offer public tours effective April 29, 2013. We expect public tours to resume early summer 2014. A bulletin announcing details about the re-introduction of tours will be released when timeframes are known. If your customer attends on a date when the factory tour is not available, they will receive a certificate at delivery allowing them to schedule a factory tour at a later date, once the public tours resume.

Thank you for your patience!

BMW Performance Center Delivery Team"

My CA says BMW is targeting a launch date of 11/5. Anyone know if we will be able to schedule PCD before that time? If not, I may just opt for regular delivery at my local dealer.
Appreciate 0