View Single Post
      12-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Agentphish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i

Jerryh,

I bought an 08 328 w/ 43K on it about a year ago. I took it to an indie shop before I purchased to have them look the car over. $100 piece of mind.

Since I bought the car I have had to replace a battery just after my battery connector cable recall service, the dealer met me 1/2 way on the cost since I had 0 issues before I brought it in and it left there with battery issues when I picked it up so I let them do it. Otherwise I would have done myself. My tensioner pulley was also replaced under CPO at this time due to being bent, which I understand to be common on these cars too.

After getting the car I changed my, cabin air filter, engine air filter, spark plugs and oil immediately using the DIYs on these forums. I had a local shop (same one who checked the car over) change my brake fluid, and coolant shortly thereafter.

I have now a valve cover gasket leak, maybe eccentric shaft leak, and have heard lifter tick a few times. These will be getting fixed at the beginning of next month under CPO. Oil Filter Housing Gasket isn't leaking yet, but i'm sure it will. Hopefully before my CPO runs out.

I expect to DIY my brakes/rotors for about ~$500 within the next year/10K miles and am changing the manual trans fluid shortly as well, I was going to DIY this, but a local indie shop where I live now quoted me too good of a price for me to DIY.

When I was looking at mine, I was able to see the CarFax and see where the car had been serviced. I stopped by the places it had been serviced and asked for copies of those records so I now have a complete service history on the car as well. Hope this gives a good idea at what you could be looking at for a car with around the same miles.