Weight - 445 lbs
Power - 414 hp
Torque - 295 lb-ft
Efficiency -
14 MPG City
20 MPG HWY
16 MPG Comb
Premium Gasoline

Ancient ... maybe, but much more efficient economically, power to weight, and mpg.

Chevrolet makes one of the best V8 engines around. The new LT1 makes 465 hp, still uses pushrod and gets over 30 mpg. Thats better than the 6 cylinder Carrera. This thing will also probably get high 20's, pushing over 620 hp and torque and avoid gas guzzler tax. Try purchasing any sports car that can match the performance of the z51 stingray or z06 and get numbers like that...

It just won't happen.
So glad you posted all of this technical information. TY!

As someone else pointed out, GM is sticking with the cam in block design for packaging (DOHC heads move a lot of mass up high and the heads are much larger).

Again, the automatic has to deal with over 600 ft lbs of torque and GM has to warranty it. The Merc SL65BS had over 700 ft lbs and it ran an automatic too.
At least Chevrolet gives you an OPTION if you want an automatic transmission. Porsche completely abandoned the manual in the GT3! Why? Because they said that ultimately the PDK was quicker around the race track. Did Porsche ever ask potential owners if outright lap times would trump the option of a manual gearbox? In the end, there are only two pedals in the Porsche, so it's an automatic, no matter how you look at it. I've driven PDK cars and they're "entertaining" for 5 minutes with the perfectly blipped downshifts, but after that - what's the point. It's boring and not as involved. BMW offered a manual trans in the M5 when owners complained.

Also of note:
I'm not sure you will find the 5 year/ 100,000 mile Powertrain Warranty on ANYTHING that makes this kind of horsepower in a Supercar such as the Z06. Check out the warranty posted right on the GM website for the Z06.
http://www.chevrolet.com/2015-corvet...-supercar.html
Appreciate 0