View Single Post
      08-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #40
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshortguy View Post
The standard C63 was 8 seconds slower around the ring than the standard e9x M3 when both were tested by sport auto. The M3 GTS also did it in 7:48 magazine tested, not sure if they did a 507 test. The e9x M3 had a superior chassis and precision. The new M3/4 has also been praised for a very good chassis and superior agility over it's predecessor. So, I'm not sure how this is somehow M making purely burnout machines while AMG is focusing more on precision.

Also, the R&T super sedan comparo where the M5 won against the likes of the e63, panamera turbo, and RS7 specifically mentioned the fun factor and steering as key to why it took the win.
I am talking about the current generation m cars, not the old ones.

The m5 lost to the panamera GTS on multiple occasions saying it was not nearly as fun to drive nor had the precision and feel of the porsche...expected results.

In the link I provided above, the m5 lost to the s6 and e63. This review and every other has stated the m5 is numb and lacks feel...which is true driving the car.

Here's is last years m6 in the MT best drivers car comparo. It came in 10th out of 12 cars. Not flattering at all. Particularly read the last sentence.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...?__federated=1

The c63 black, Sls amg and Sls black are cars bmw simply can't compete with". They are very good drivers cars and out of bmws league. Despite being heavy and having a worse power to weight than the m3 gts the c63 black series ran 7:46 so they beat bmw there with a car that weighed 3800 lbs vs the m3 gts which was 3400. Says a lot about merc to me lately.

I know the e92 m3 well, I'm on my second one, and the c63 was right there neck and neck. It was a little better but not by much and the c63 did have much better steering feel.

The recent EVO comparo with the m4 and base 991 showed the same. M4 lacked feel and had trouble staying planted. The base 991 despite a much worse power to weight crushed it by 1.4 seconds on a sub 1:20 lap time.

Also, the current m4 has lost every comparo to the old c63 it has had.

I just feel as though Mercedes has really done a great job with handling on their amgs and black series cars whereas m cars are just fast sleighs these days.

The new m4 is certainly a better car than the e9x m3 objectively, but the frenetic charismatic nature of the car is no longer there.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 08-09-2014 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0