View Single Post
      12-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #25
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Thanks! I have thought about picking up an interseries cayman as a track dedicated car. Would love to do the racing part but wish I was more centrally located to the race venues. Not sure how much more I can push my luck with the Wife. She doesn't say anything now with the current schedule. But a bunch more days and she might start to notice.

Radical is probably not as interesting to me although the series is picking up, but like you said, can get quite costly.
You can pick up a new Cayman Interseries car for about 110-120K now with PDK. The non-PDK cars are almost as fast as my GT3RS. The PDK cars probably faster.
With all honesty, it will be a costly and time consuming hobby. You need a very understanding/interested wife, quite a lot of free time, and at least one good mechanic (besides you) to run the car properly. My cost estimation, just to run the car - still have it somewhere - came out about 70K/year. This included all consumables (5-6 sets of tires, 8 sets of brake pads, 3 sets of steel rotors, brake fluids, oils, fuel, fees, etc and suspension component (the RSS rear control arm pins do not last longer than 2-3 weekends) and some travel expenses. I estimated 3 races and at least 6-8 practice sessions.
Appreciate 0