View Single Post
      04-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #25
MasterC17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrbri View Post
What were you running for brake pads? I was at the same event at you (gray M4), albeit in Run Group 2, and had very good luck w/my brakes - although I was trying to nurse tires, so wasn't hammering on it. From the smoke coming from your front brakes during the drive through the paddock, saw some serious heat in that caliper. My braking was tire-limited (my R Compounds had a fitment issue so I couldn't use them), but I am running Pagid RS29 with RBF600 and the brakes managed the heat fairly well. Didn't have a lap timer, so can't compare lap times. I was running DSC-Off and stock tire sizes. My R compound are CCW's with 275 front and 305 rear. That may impact braking...your set-up is definitely providing more traction. Curious to some of your further inputs.
I was running CarboTech XP10's. The pads were fine, but the brake fluid didn't hold up (RBF600). They certainly did get hot though! I'll be switching to Castrol SRF for brake fluid, and if that doesn't fix it, be swapping to XP12's for pads.