06-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
Thanks for all the advice as always Steve. I've got a 150 mile drive home tomorrow so I'll try to reproduce it and to describe it for you better tomorrow. The steering vibration feels like a left to right vibration, as if the wheel is turning a tiny bit to the left then to the right, though very fast and over and over. In fact it seems very similar to what is described at the start of the video which you posted.

I'll have a look at the disks and check for the issues you described. Last time I cleaned the car they looked normal and I didn't notice any smells when it was happening yesterday. I've got your words of warning about painting of the calipers and seized calipers ringing in my head now...

Thanks again for your advice. I'll feedback when I've replicated it again. I should probably pop over to see you for a check up and my rear light coding, so we can add this one to the list!
if the vibration is a"left to right"type of vibration if your describing what I'm thinking I'd be looking at sliders / callipers as its a binding related issue normally,check on those nice wheels for exessive brake dust build up compared with what you are used to seeing on your wheels, but all you can do I suppose it monitor the situation.