mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
You're very wrong.
I can tell you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

It's all about how quickly the cars in question slow down from 50 mph to 0. This is determined by how much of the impact can be absorbed by the body of the car. A concrete wall absorbs none of it, so a car crashing into one has to do all the absorbing.
Two cars crashing straight into each other (at the same speed) each absorb the force associated with their own momentum, making it equivalent to a single car crashing into a non-impact-absorbing wall.

So to add; two cars hitting each other going 300km/h as a headon collision IS NOT 600km/h.. it's 300km/h.
i know exactly what i am talking
actual IMPACT speed or COLLISION speed, call it whatever you want will be 600kmh in your case and 400+ in my case

F=ma , where acceleration is change of velocity divided by change in time. If we look at it this way, you are correct, however 2 cars smashing head to head will result in larger acceleration (where i am correct) and larger force.

we can look into it from the change of velocity point and many others if you want to go down this way

but this thread is not about physics
Appreciate 1