Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2writej View Post
Thanks, I actually don't remember if I had anything in the kick panel,
I remember a bluetooth antenna? and the cable for the light....
There might have been something else to unplug/plug down there but I don't remember honestly....

anyway... So I did not really know about the fibre optic cables in these cars. And I never saw anything about it mentioned in the retrofits I read so thank you guys for your input. I used a harness adapter with my emulator so that I would not have to cut any wiring.... so what I did was take out the fibre optic cables from the original harness plug, and transfer them to the adapter harness plug. So now thats set.

I also plugged in original radio to test everything and make sure I didn't damage the cables. The original radio still works fine and I have sound.

So now I have the fibre optic cables in the right place, and again thank you for mentioning that because I would not have known. I completely overlooked it when doing the install.... i just looked at the adapter harness and thought, damn... it has so many wires compared to mine....
then proceeded to install

Here's where I'm At:

Fibre optic cables are in the right place

I still have no sound

I'm getting the car coded tomorrow.... I have no problem taking the interior apart but I don't mess with coding... a lot to learn and i feel like I can do some serious harm if not done correctly.

So i have some questions,

Can the car get coded with the emulator in place ? or do i need to unplug the emulator +adapter harness first....

If I have to unplug the harness adapter and emulator...
I will just be left with my original cars plug... that means the cic controller won't be connected either.. is that ok ? or does the controller also need to be connected for the coding? (this is if i have to take the emulator off)

Also, Ive read that when you get no sound (like my case)... to update the Amp.
When you do the coding as you mentioned above... does that update the amp as well?

I was going to have the amp updated using ICOM

again, I'm not doing any of the coding or the ICOM work, all my mechanic

All he needs to do is what you mentioned there in your post? I don't believe he's ever done a nav retrofit coding like this so I just kind of want to have info prepared for him so we can head in the right direction fairly quick.

Thank you guys for all your help
Yes you can code with the emulator there.

I don't think your amp needs an update. Its more than likely your CIC headunit is just coded for Logic7 and you don't have it, or the other way around.