Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlong640 View Post
Hi All

Has anyone done this to their (or anyone else's) M235?

https://www.facebook.com/Bimmerpost/...58019440930681

I've found a pic of an opened up backbox from a 335i - are they the same on M235i?

If so, anyone got any experience with what you actually do to the box? Weld all the holes, half the holes?

And finally - anyone know a good welder in the southeast of England?

Cheers

Matt
Thats my muffler that mod was done 3 years ago. In fact it was on my old F30 335i, and It worked so well that when I purchased my new F30 I transferred the muffler to the new car.

What you need is a right angle grinder with a thin cut out wheel. Open up the muffler and weld all the holes shut. You cant just install new solid tubing because chamber 1 the tube is a T shape and its oval. If you have any other questions PM me.
Here are sound clips from the modded muffler. Both my cars the black F30 and the Blue one is with a down pipe now.

Its cheap and sounds good. I had an M performance muffler before and was quite unhappy with how quiet it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Unless you have a plasma cutter and the proper welding tools, the cost of labor to do this is just not worth it.

If you weld solid pipes in place of the perforated pipes, it's basically the same as running a muffler delete. The only sound proofing is the muffler enclosure itself...
Not true at all. This was so cheap to do. $80 U.S. dollars just for a shop to weld it all back up for me. I did all the cutting.

Last edited by Jadar; 02-14-2016 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0