02-14-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Thats my muffler that mod was done 3 years ago. In fact it was on my old F30 335i, and It worked so well that when I purchased my new F30 I transferred the muffler to the new car.

What you need is a right angle grinder with a thin cut out wheel. Open up the muffler and weld all the holes shut. You cant just install new solid tubing because chamber 3 the tube is a T shape and its oval. If you have any other questions PM me.
Here are sound clips from the modded muffler. Both my cars the black F30 and the Blue one is with a down pipe now.

Its cheap and sounds good. I had an M performance muffler before and was quite unhappy with how quiet it was.

Not true at all. This was so cheap to do. $80 U.S. dollars just for a shop to weld it all back up for me. I did all the cutting.
Which part isn't true? I've seen the inside, it's 3 chambers with perforated cores. The mod is replacing it with solid tubes, or in your case welding the holes. You can get new pipes put in, a good muffler shop can fab the intricate Y section.

It might be cheap to do if you cut it yourself I suppose. And weld the holes. If it was $80 for welding pipe perforations AND re-welding the box is dirt, dirt cheap.

If you find someone to do that for you, that's great. Mad kudos. Truly.

Other issue with the welds is you'll have to clean up the welds inside or the inner pipe is no longer smooth. Will look like bird droppings inside the tube.

A good amount of work. But if you can weld and fab, then maybe it's not so bad.

Last edited by Mywifes335; 02-14-2016 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0