View Single Post
      05-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #5
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Before passing judgement on the car and after reading all of the reviews here's some information.

Engine is from the 488GTB, with 2 cylinders chopped. Again NOT derived from other FCA models, even from Maserati! The person who developed the engine, Philippe Krief, was hired from Ferrari. IMO that alone is worth considering getting the car. I don't believe anyone would think that its power will be overrated either...

Chassis is bespoke (NOT derived from other FCA models) and will be used for future RWD and AWD Alfas (Stelvio SUV). Looks like a sweeter chassis than the M3 on the limit.

Plenty of carbon fiber used: propshaft, hood and driveshaft as well as other bits like the seat backs, front diffuser etc. This is real carbon fiber not the cheaper carbon fiber reinforced plastic.

Like the M3/4, it can have a proper 6 speed manual. real drivers will appreciate this.

Has the Ferrari Electronically controlled LSD.

Design is subjective of course but the proportions are right, the detailing restrained (like what BMW's used to be) and the interior design is outstanding (simple and elegant). Quality might not be on par with the Germans but it looks to be as good if not better than Jaguar.

You can have a look at some beautiful pics on the US website: https://www.alfaromeousa.com/cars/al...a-quadrifoglio