Thread: My 335i Project
View Single Post
      07-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #162
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Been ages since I updated this... since I last posted the cars had a gear box re bbuild, shift quailty low down chnagd in charactor and I knew something wasn't quite 100% re set adapations via diagnostic (no codes) and that slightly improvied thngs then the symptoms started to come back within 30 or so miles. Then I knew there was a gearbox issue internally, sure enough once stripped down a fault was discovered

On the mechatronics plate the simple adaptor seal had started to break up this simple seals role in life is to ensure the correct pressure maintained within the valve body itself to ensure correct clutch actuation if the seal goes as mine started to do then pressure loss can take place causing possible early clutch wear. A simple seal can create problems and cause clutch pack damage and this is what basically happened to mine, luckily I felt it it was slight but nevertheless I felt it and was proven right with a strip down therefore a rebuild with new torque converter, seals, solenoids and oil cooler was the way forward.

Apart from that not a lot has happeend except this a slight change of wheel colour. Gone for a satin finish instead of a matt finish (easier to clean)plus the finish sparkles slightly when the sun hits it and also where the light doesn't quite hit the area the wheel seems to got a little darker if you follow me as I kinda hope the picture below shows (noticed that the colour itself to photograph was fairly difficult to get right to show the fleck in the paint plus show how the light refracts if you follow me)

especially when you get up close but the thing is on the photo's the difference pre post work isn't quite detectabe, see them in the flesh if you'd seen them before you'll notice

But they do look nice almost in certain lights to some they look at first glace almost bodycoloured, and its the way the wheels throw the light that perhaps gives that impression and that wasn't the aim I set out to acheive but this is the end result and it slooks to me at least smart....