View Single Post
      10-18-2016, 11:11 AM   #4
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I don't think there's a one path fits all... What works for someone else may not work for you... To be honest, it sounds like you're still trying to find yourself - which is okay... I know people in their 30's that still have no clue... You're also in the wrong geography for wanting to get into the tech field...

Your life goal shouldn't be to get married... 6 figure income also is broad... There's no way you could raise a kid / family on 100,000k a year in NYC for example... Let alone other metropolitan cities... You need to find out what moves you and pursue that... You're already chasing the dollar and wanting to provide for this family - which while noble is a fools errand... So you land a job that pays you what you want but not only do you not love it, you have to commute 16 hours a week? That sounds like a recipe for unhappiness, which will trickle down to your family...

Live a little... Experience life... You only get one... Sounds like you haven't had much time to enjoy the world because you've been on a mission... You could get run over by a steamroller tomorrow...
So what you're saying is I should disregard common sense and get the m4? Right? Or am I reading that wrong lol.

Jokes aside you are right in your response but its hard when there is a lot of stress and pressure to be successful in life. I wouldn't mind relocating to on the contingency the salary made sense too. Trying to find a healthy work life balance in a field you enjoy is very difficult. I can't say I am truly happy were I am.
Appreciate 0