10-24-2016, 06:15 AM   #1
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Four times limp mode at high speeds - Turbo pressure too high warning

Last week I drove back home on the autobahn. I was going across the highway doing speeds between 210 and 270 kmh, but while doing so I experienced over a period of two days time a total of four limp modes. The car went into limp mode at speeds between 210 and 270.

Today I went to my dealer asking for a read out of the error messages. The dealer needed the car for two hours to do this. I was like uh wait get me a computer and I will do the readout myself. The desk mechanic put the car on a bridge and looked underneath it and said nothing looks wrong...

I was like: and would you be able to "Get the computer, please". He walked back to his desk and started to write a report asking me to hand over the car for a two hour check with five different points they would need to walk through. I said "Leave it, I am going to a tuner".

Ended up at a local tuner, connected the computer and found the error messages! They said: Charging pressure control, plausibility pressure too high and Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence.

The charging pressure sensor got a value which is higher than the nominal value and so the car went into limp mode. I can easily reproduce it by doing those top speeds and keep pushing the car.

Any thoughts on this forum what this could be related to? Any input is welcome. I am collecting as much information as possible to get the best possible reply to the dealer so that they know how to fix it.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 10-24-2016 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0