Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
No dealer is going to just fix something based on 3rd party findings. They're going to need to do whatever diagnostic BMW says to do even if it takes 2 hours.
It is slightly different here in CZ. Dealers here often sent people to the guy I went to this afternoon when they do not want to deal with the problem anymore. Some cases they simply do not know it anymore, and this third party person dives in the problem and writes a report on which the dealer bases it next steps. Yeah that is not common, I was also amazed, but it tends to happen here.

So it depends, if in the end they are going to be the party fixing it. At that moment, I can then at least point them into the right direction, which helps in many ways lowering the cost and time they looked at the issue or will look at it, but for now I first need to find more information before even considering or starting the long diagnostic process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Ah yeah forgot about that. Definitely take it off and try before going to the dealer. They'll point at that immediately if you leave it on.
No time to test anymore with the winter around the corner, but it is definitely an option that is on my mind. It is also why I needed to collect the info from the on-board computer before having a dealer work 2 hours on it, charging me for it and immediately pointing at an aftermarket part. In the end, it could also be a faulty sensor or something else and dealers tend to take the easy route charging you for things without properly looking.

I also haven't installed my delete-r yet, so potentially that could also be the final solution to this. Although it is normally not required for this downpipe. Let's wait and see. I will keep you posted finding a solution that will help people here if they ever come across it. For now this is just the charme of working on your car.

Anyone else with a possible scenario, other than the downpipe?

MR
Another person on the forums here @photos_ by_ronnie

had a failure of an O2 sensor at some point after he installed a downpipe...... sounds like your issue may similar...

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1312652
Appreciate 0