11-03-2016, 09:14 AM   #3
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Hi,

Planning to go on a trip to the Highlands in 2 weeks to visit places like Inverness, Aviemore, and Loch Ness. Heard its supposed to be beautiful.

I've only been up to Glassgow before so not sure what its like up there in terms of snow in November? Should i get some snow socks just in case or will i be fine?

Any other tips would be appreciated, as in places to see around these areas. Taking my 1 year old son with me so has to be child/pram friendly!
The NC500 is a stunning drive - but as you'll be taking the wee one you'll just have to enjoy it as a leisurely pace.

Here's the link to the website. I've done bits of it in my X5 (not the fat Datsun as was taking OH and her/sorry our dogs up to her Gran's who lives right at the top) and it was a great drive.

http://www.northcoast500.com/

Since you've got the time, i'd suggest getting up as far as you can go to see North of Inverness. It's sparse barren and stunning.

No snow, it's usually too wet - but summer tyres won't perform that well in the cold wet conditions so take it easy.

Where are you planning on staying? It might be worth booking some nice places in advance as there are not that many options and the good ones will be booked before you get there.
Appreciate 0