View Single Post
      03-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojs View Post
My carbon tips rattle... a lot. Its annoying. And I cant figure out a way to fix it. I have tried pressing them fully onto the exhaust pipes and I have also tried bringing them outwards, still rattles. I have tried tightening the screws, no improvement. The worst is when you go up a ramp (underground parking) at very low rpm in 2nd, the engine resonates more and shakes the exhaust.

If I take them off and drive without rattle is gone. So it is surely not valves. My MPE is 1,5 years old, and it has become worse in the last year.

I assume it has something to do with the design: the mounting (screw fixing) point is quite far from edge of the two sleeves that slide into/over the exhaust pipe. That must result in some resonance.

I have no idea if the titanium (i.e. non carbon) tips have a similar design and have similar issues.
That isn't very promising me and makes me not want to upgrade to the MPE to be honest. I heard in that same thread where I heard people complaining about the rattling in the carbon fiber exhaust tips, that when they switched to the titanium tips the rattling went away. But then, that makes them not look so great in combination with the rear carbon fiber diffusor.

I will look into getting an Akrapovic exhaust in the future.
Appreciate 1