SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojs View Post
I have the same color, diffuser, tips combo. Visually I love it.
But the rattling spoils the fun. Maybe there is some minor deformation due to prolonged heat since I track. No idea.

Btw the pic you posted has slightly different tips than in reality: these are shine (chrome?) and don't have perforation (holes) inside the pipe.
I track my car too, in fact I've had 8 track days since I installed the MPE last summer. At Laguna Seca I got too far over the curbing on an apex, bottomed out, and knocked the CF tip askew. I had to loosen the set screw and realign the tip. Still doesn't rattle.

Regarding the pics, these were from the M4 Concept Coupe in August 2013, two years before the M4 was released, so they were probably a mock-up of what they were planning. In fact, I have it on good authority that the chassis underneath the concept body was actually a 428i! And the color on the concept car was called "Aurum Dust" by BMW, although it looks a lot like Austin Yellow.

Appreciate 0