View Single Post
      04-07-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya View Post
Exhaust - MPE is loud. And it drones at low rpm on the freeway. I solved these issues by having a OEM BMW exhaust valve welded inline for one of the exhaust outlets, and connecting the EVC plug that is used with the stock exhaust. Now it is perfect. Superb sound, and not annoying for my work clients etc.

ACC is awesome. Lane assist is helpful. I only wish it would follow closer to the car in front of you. In bumper to bumper traffic, it leaves too much room and cars cut in front of you. Heads up display is way nicer than F10.

M Sport Brakes - Get 'em. Brake dust is bad, but they are oh so good.

All around this car is more than just a small advancement from the F10. This car will end up causing a good many buyers to NOT move upmarket and get a 7 Series. It is significantly more luxurious, sporty, and expensive feeling than the outgoing car. The 540 motor is so nice that it's going to be a tough sell to get people to spend the extra cash for the 550. I can't even imagine what the M5 will be like.
It definitely sounds like there are some nice improvements. I also get the impression that the 540i (rather than the M550i) is the one to get in this generation.

The MPE drone is disappointing... I think the M550i comes with it, so that's another reason to think twice before getting that one.

How is the ACC when the traffic is flowing rather than stop-and-go?

Aren't the M Sport Brakes just a blue paint job?

It seems like there isn't a good reason to get the dynamic handling package if the M Sport suspension is so comfortable.
Appreciate 0