View Single Post
      12-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #16
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuhandy View Post
Nice, I'll probably look to do this after the new year.
I've taken the entire center console apart so if anyone has any questions that the DIYs don't cover feel free to ask.
One of the dealers confirmed the cup holder part fits my DCT VIN car. But another dealer claims (I think incorrectly) that it won't fit. I asked 2 other parts dealers who haven't replied yet.

IMO, I don't see how it won't fit. The center console itself is the same part regardless of 6mt or DCT. The only reason 6mt got the cupholder is bc the 6MT boot ring is way bigger than the DCT and the front cup holders won't fit. So 6mt cars got an ashtray up front and a single cupholder behind the idrive controller.

The only consideration is that you cannot repurpose the ashtray lid for the cupholder. It'll be a permanent hole there.

What year is your car? If you have a 2014, consider also swapping out the idrive controller to the touch version since you have it apart. It won't gain touch functionality without touch ECU and coding, but the larger scroll wheel is a much more ergonomic than the older style.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 12-27-2017 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0