View Single Post
      01-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Question 1: If I plan on doing PC delivery, it doesn't really matter who I buy from, right? I mean, the car will never touch that dealer. I just pick it up in SC and drive it home. If that is the case, can someone PM me a dealer who knows about ED and can offer a competitive deal over invoice?
That is correct. You can buy from any dealership in the BMW USA network of dealers. I did this with when I purchased my 2016 and it went off without a hitch.

Quote:
Question 2: Things can always change, but I plan on holding on to this car for probably about 6 years, so my inclination is to buy instead of lease. Any merit to lease and then buy, or is the premium for doing that so high I ought to just buy?
This question is loaded and you'll literally run down a rabbit hole reading arguments for both positions. This is something you'll have to research and see which makes sense for your situation.

Quote:
Question 3: I'm torn on ZEC. Because I'm getting extended leather and I really want the heated ear seats and wheel, it seems $3k might be worth it to also get HUD, LED lights, PDC, etc. Thoughts?
I highly recommend ZEC. IMHO, the headlights and HUD alone are worth the price of admission.

Quote:
Question 4: What are the thoughts on carplay for 2018? Is it worth it now or is it still a consensus no?
I didn't tick the box so I can't speak to it.
Appreciate 0