View Single Post
      06-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #17
Wally_84
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Looks low, but a dyno is almost worthless without a reference point. Do you have a graph, from the same dyno, of your car before you installed the mods? Do you have figures for other cars, whos power output you are sure of, on the same dyno? etc.. you get the point. Without knowing who set up your run, what variables the computer is using to adjust the output figures, how the physical equipment has been set up, etc... your output figures are basically useless.

Now, if you want to assume that the dyno should and would output figures that you're expecting it to, I'd start with what has been suggested, and remove the 'pedal box' first, then go from there. What's the point of two 'tunes' on one car, anyway?

The reason the graph never reaches 7000 RPM is because the dyno operator most likely is watching the graph as he's giving throttle, and when he sees the TQ/HP start to decrease, he is 'shutting her down' early.. because why not.. the peak numbers (all most care about) aren't changing.

Does the car feel faster than stock? That's what really matters at this point. Are you absolutely sure that those figures are "crank" measurements (conversions)? The numbers look about right (a little low maybe) for WHP with your mods.
Does anyone have any links to where can I download ISTA-D? I can't find VVT learning procedure on INPA so it must be on ISTA-D but can’t find any downloads.

@atmosphericM I didn’t made a stock basic dyno run. I know that I should and it would made things a lot easier now, but I haven’t. I'm thinking ditching the pedalbox, VVT relearn and maybe another dyno would tell me more.

Last edited by Wally_84; 06-14-2018 at 01:52 PM..
Appreciate 0