09-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #11
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09STBMW View Post
I have a chance to change my order with the tires
The only reason is I love the concave with the 18x9.5 on all 4 corners. That is why I would like to go 9.5 in the front. What do you think about

Continental DWS 06 Tires
255/35/18 front
265/35/18 rear

I've read maybe a 3mm spacer will need to be used?
The extended studs is a great idea! I agree I need to order a set.
Bummer you have to compromise your front wheel fitment just to get the concave face you want. Our 18x9" ET30 has a concave face that matches the wider width rear wheels for staggered configurations.

With that said, your proposed wheel and tire specs will likely require a minimum of 5mm spacers up front, and as I mentioned above you will also want to dial in some negative camber to prevent rubbing the front fenders. With a 9.5" wide wheel up front, you are fighting both inner and outer clearances which is why it really only makes sense if it is a serious track car running 265 tires and aggressive camber specs.

Pulling the camber pins and maxing out negative camber (typically nets you between -1.5 and -1.8 degrees) should be enough to where adjustable camber plates are not necessary. If you were tracking the car I would definitely go straight to camber plates, as you would want more negative camber anyways.

Edit: I see you already purchased 3mm spacers. I hope those give you the inner strut clearance you need. It's going to be close!

- Ryan

Last edited by ApexWheels; 09-01-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0