View Single Post
      01-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #25
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Chicks dig SUVs. Families think they need SUVs. Short people love SUVs. SUVs are even more ergonomic for ease of entry-exit. They are not for driving excitement though, if that is your priority. With a wagon, you can give up nothing to sedans or similar cars and basically have your cake and eat it too. Far more practical than sedans and coupes. Everyone thinks they drive the rubicon in their SUVs, while automakers make them lower and give more ground-effects to increase mileage.

The reality is that those of us that are willing to buy wagons are such a small population that it would never make any sense to import them. This thread is way way overblowing the demand, SUVs crush it every day and sunday. If they imported an M550 wagon, I'd have it. Since they've all dropped the ball, there is no CTS-V wagon, etc., I just got a badass track car instead...but I really wanted a good wagon. The stinger/440 GC style give a little glimmer of hope, but not enough in both the performance and utility areas. The lone wolf is the AMG E63, but that was just slightly out of my reach, I definitely wouldn't have been able to afford multiple vehicles and I wanted to make sure I had an "out" if things went bad.