View Single Post
      03-27-2019, 01:39 PM   #7
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

So I can confirm that it is what I thought- worse, actually:

Not only is it true that if anyone activates the 3rd row it automatically moves the 1st row seatback, making things even worse is that the 1st row seatback moves forward into an angle that is greater than vertical!

I went back to a dealer close by during lunch and put the system through its paces. Whether the 1st row seats are empty, with a seated adult, without seatbelts, or with seatbelts, positioning the drivers seat or the passengers seat the way that any average person would with a few inches pushed back and a few degrees of tilt, doesn't matter, it works the same way. If someone needs to get in the 3rd row, someone in the 1st row can't sit down.

I can't believe BMW would have designed it this way. Heaven help a pregnant woman about to be folded in half. Good luck if 5 passengers are in the car and pull up to pick up another passenger in the pouring rain as the person in the second row and the person in the first row have to get out and get wet themselves.

I honestly don't know what BMW was thinking. It's about 60 seconds of delay from the moment someone triggers the second row to open until the third row passenger is seated and the second and first rows go back to a normal position.
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5900.00