View Single Post
      04-22-2019, 09:04 PM   #5
Socal_R8
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_DM View Post
I don't know your financial situation but I think a few years down the road (especially if you see income growth) you'll kick yourself for getting rid of the NSX instead of trying to make both work.

Also, I don't think the 981 will ever be special. The "last of the six" storyline might take some twists and turns as sales of the 718 were subpar largely due to people not wanting a $80k 4-banger. Rumor-mill has the sixes coming back...I could imagine a base cayman having the turbo 4 and the S or GTS having the six moving forward.

I definitely wouldn't drop $50k on one. They'll continue to come down, especially in other parts of the country...and (not hoping this happens) especially once the economy gets a bit more turbulent.
Yeah, I know I'll be kicking myself for selling the NSX....I always do(on my third one now )

I think I'm just spoiled with the comfort and tech of my f32 and want that same thing in a sports car... the Porsche will be almost 25 years newer than my NSX.

I'd love to swing both, but selling the NSX will be the only way I could do it...as I also have three other cars (two of them with payments) and two teenagers

I'm planning on test driving a couple of them this week and will know more after that, but from what I've read and watched on the web, it is that the 981 is an amazing car....Porsche purposely detunes them and gives them less power then it's older brother 911 because it would probably kick its ass if they had the same power.

As far as depreciation, yeah it's gonna come down some more for sure, but buying used and only keeping a couple years it's probably a good buy.

Was never really a Porsche guy, but I've been intrigued by the Cayman since it came out and the 981 version was finally good looking enough to seriously consider.

Need to hit that lotto.....get me a gt2, gt3 and gt4

Last edited by Socal_R8; 04-22-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0